The Paterson Financial Empowerment Center provides confidential, one-on-one counseling for individuals who want to take control of their financial future. A trained counselor helps clients identify their financial goals and guides them in increasing credit scores, building savings, and creating positive financial habits.
Financial Counseling can help clients:
• Resolve credit card and other debts
• Understand and improve credit scores
• Dispute incorrect credit report items
• Open a bank account and increase savings
• Research and apply for government benefits
• Develop a budget and prioritize spending
Counseling appointments are available online or in person at the United Way office.